Sakana shio yaki
Sakana shio yaki is Japanese style of making grilled Fish. Yaki means Grill. You do not have to necessarily use a grill, just a fry pan will do.
This is the most simple but delicate way of cooking some delicious fish.
For this recipe, we bought fish directly from a fisherman in Chennai - ECR.
The fish is called Kaalan in Tamil language.
Check out fish dictionary for the meaning in English/other languages
1. Clean the fish and keep it ready like the below Photo
2. Pat dry the fish using kitchen tissues
3. Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder to both sides of the fish and let it rest for 5 min
4. Fry them in little oil till the skin gets all golden and crispy
5. Eat them just like that or Serve with Japanese rice
The word "Sakana" is a Japanese word which means Fish
"Shio" means Salt and "Yaki" means to Grill
Other dishes with Fish as main ingredient:
Fish Kuzhambu, Fish shioyaki